FREE ONLINE BIRTH CLASS - HOW TO PREPARE FOR LABOR
*** Pin for later ***
Women have been birthing since forever... so why prepare for labor?
Labor is like running a marathon. Would you run a marathon without preparing your mind & body? Probably not.
So why wouldn't you prepare for labor?
There are a lot of things that you can do throughout pregnancy to get ready for birth.
In this class, you'll learn how to prepare your body for labor, including your girl parts. Also, you'll learn how to prepare mentally for birth, since mindset can be just as important.
To the VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) moms, there is a section at the end dedicated to 'how to prepare for a VBAC.'
Why prepare for labor?
Second & Third Trimesters
Preparing Your Body
Preparing Your Girl Parts
Preparing Your Mind
Be sure to join the free online community Empowered Moms to hang with me on Monday evenings for 'Digital Doula Q&A' live... Bring your questions!
- Can Exercise During Pregnancy Make Labor Harder? (Birthful)
- Spinning Babies
- Where to buy a birth ball (exercise ball)
- Uses of birth ball (Spinning Babies)
- Find a Chiropractor (ICPA)
- Women’s Health PT Locator
- More on skin elasticity in the Vaginal Tearing Class
- The Truth About Red Raspberry Leaf Tea During Pregnancy (Mama Natural)
- The effect of late pregnancy consumption of date fruit on labour and delivery. (NCBI)
- What Is the Evidence for Perineal Massage During Pregnancy to Prevent Tearing? (Science & Sensibility)
- How to do Perineal Massage (YouTube)
- The Birth Hour: A Birth Story Podcast
- Birthful Podcast
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth (found on my faves page)
- The Business of Being Born (documentary)
- Orgasmic Birth (documentary)
- Positive Birth Affirmations (found on my Pinterest page - follow here)
- Birth Plan Template
- For more info on doulas, check out the Know Your Options: Birth Series (Day 4) - in the Empowered Moms group under Units.
- Free Birth Classes on the blog
- Evidence Based Birth (great source for researching newborn procedures)
- The VBAC Education Project
- VBAC Facts
- ICAN (private FB group - national)
- If you want a VBAC, ask your doctor or midwife these questions (VBAC Facts)